Another game changer from Gfinity as we launch our much requested Counter Strike: Global Offensive client for Windows, ensuring players get the best possible competitive gaming experience the scene has to offer. This is Next Generation eSports.
Gfinity (AIM: GFIN) continues to listen to their community of players, publishers and supporters by introducing new features and products that offer a better experience for every eSports enthusiast in the world. Today, the next step in this journey launches for Windows.
Paul Kent, eSports Director at Gfinity says: “This is only the first step in a long journey, over the last 12 months we have listened to what our community wants and needs. We frequently operate our CS:GO tournaments at maximum capacity. In addition, our waiting lists are also at maximum capacity. With the introduction of our CS:GO client and server technology, we are now able to accommodate substantially more teams and players on a daily basis.”
With immediate effect, players can download the Gfinity CS:GO client for free from http://www.gfinity.net/counter-strike/cups . After linking your Gfinity account with your Steam account, the process of entering and competing in the free and premium weekly CS:GO tournaments will be one of the smoothest on offer in the entire eSports scene. With built-in anti-cheat technology and automatic recordings of match results via GOTV; a native built-in spectator mode for CS:GO, the Gfinity CS:GO client is truly a step above anything currently on offer. A full set of supported features is included below.
– Automated notification of your upcoming matches and brackets
– Integrated tournament registration for all free and premium Gfinity CS:GO tournaments – Exclusive servers for your matches, to ensure nobody will join the wrong servers by mistake
– Exclusive lobbies, specific to each game, with ‘map veto’, ‘ready up’ and other mechanics built-in
– Anti-cheat technology will perma-ban any cheaters into perpetuity
– Ability to pause, call an admin and go back a round for instant replays of matches
– Match results will be recorded and entered automatically after each match
– Team and player names pulled automatically, as well as team flags, logos and locations
– Increased bracket capability – Sunday’s tournament will now support up to 128 teams (up from 64) and all matches will run simultaneously as opposed to two individual brackets
Gfinity currently hosts a 5v5 premium cup every Tuesday with a £200 prize pool, a 5v5 FREE-TO-PLAY cup every Thursday with a £150 prize pool with another 5v5 FREE-TO-PLAY Sunday Cup with a £300 prize pool. Full details can be found on http://www.gfinity.net/counter-strike/cups.
You Might Also Like